How to Prevent Infections
- Keep your baby away from any and all sick people until the first set of vaccines, which occurs at 6-8 weeks of life.
- Make sure everyone washes his or her hands before touching your baby..
- It is best to avoid crowds during this time as tiny respiratory droplets that hang in the air for quite some time transmit many illnesses.
- Fever in a newborn is never normal and always a cause for concern!
- If your baby is 12 weeks or younger and has a temp of 100.4 F or higher, give us a call immediately.
- Rectal temperatures are the only accurate temperatures for the first year of life.
- Do not give any acetaminophen if your baby has a fever.